Hookahs By Brand
Hookahs By Configuration
Hookahs By Country
Hookahs By Size
Hookahs By Style
These suggestions will assist a beginner Hookah user with becoming more knowledgeable about the Hookah and allow them to experiment with enhancing the overall smoking experience.
Hookah foil has two sides and one side is shinier than the other. Put the shiny side down to reflect heat better within the bowl.
Please enjoy these tips and tricks that hookah smokers from around the world have submitted to us for publication. These suggestions will assist a beginner Hookah user with becoming more knowledgeable about the Hookah and allow them to experiment with enhancing the overall smoking experience.
1. Fill your vase with water to 1 inch above the bottom of the down stem. You can adjust this height slightly and see how it effects your smoke.
2. Sometimes tobacco leaves can be large which makes it difficult to pack evenly in a hookah bowl. Cut your shisha tobacco before packing in the bowl for a better pack and to allow for more air flow and an overall better smoking experience.
3. Make sure that the quick lighting coals have completely started up before placing the coals on the top of the bowl. They should be completely coated in a layer of ash and no black should be showing.
4. Add rose syrup. Adding chilled rose syrup mixed with water in the hookah gives it a cooler and more pleasant smelling smoke.
5. For folks having trouble with blowing smoke rings, just pretend that you are coughing with your mouth open. The motion of coughing gives out a perfect smoke ring! You can also use the round cardboard cylinder in toilet paper rolls to blow smoke for smoke rings.
6. Poke holes in a circle around the hookah bowl. 3 circles around the bowl should be plenty with one hole above the center spire of a phunnel hookah bowl.
7. To achieve better flavor, after you have packed your bowl, cover it with aluminum foil (without holes), flip it backwards and let it sit for a few minutes. This will make sure the tobacco at the top layer is wetter before you burn. You can now take off the aluminum foil; start by flicking it to drop any shisha pieces which might cling to it and slide the foil across the bowl in a clockwise motion spreading the juice stuck to the foil evenly around the shisha. You may now use a new foil (Or wipe the previous one clean of ANY shisha juice), poke holes on the aluminum, and start smoking. This provides the juice of the shisha to slowly seep through the bottom thanks to gravity as the shisha is burning which constantly slows the tobacco burn providing you with the maximum fruit flavor.
8. Try placing one glow stick in the vase of the Hookah if you are interested in experiencing a cool lighting effect. Please make sure that the glow stick is not damaged in any way before placing it in the vase of the Hookah.
9. To allow the shisha tobacco to taste fresher and last longer, place it in an air tight container. Do not place the container in the refrigerator. Instead, store the container in a cupboard at room temperature.
10. To enhance your smoking experience, try mixing different flavors of tobacco in the bowl. Try your own mix or use one of the mixes we have created Check out our Hookah Blog for ideas. If you have a good recipe, share it with the world by contacting our customer service center, and letting them know.
11. For a fruitier smoke, mix berries with the water in the hookah base.
12. If you are looking for a cooler, more enjoyable smoking experience, place some ice cubes in the hookah base.
13. Before and after every smoke, blow into the hose to clear the hookah chamber of stale smoke and debris.
14. If you are looking for an extra cool smoke, place your base filled with water into the freezer for a couple of minutes, until a small layer of ice forms on top of the water. Do not leave your base in the freezer for too long, as the glass may crack.
15. Clean your hookah using hookah cleaning solution and cleaning brushes after every smoke. This will allow for your hookah to last much longer.
16. Use lukewarm water to ease the removal of smoke residue that builds up on the inside of the hookah hose and stem.
17. Placing the hookah on the ground will prevent the hookah from being tipped over.
18. If you have a dark colored glass base and your hookah sits on top of a low glass table, try using a small lamp or a couple of candles to create a relaxing view of the bubbles and smoke inside the base.
19. Use a small carrying case, such as a kids lunch box to store all necessary items to smoke with the hookah. This makes your hookah smoking experience much more convenient.
20. If the quick lighting charcoal is almost completely burned out, place a new quick lighting charcoal on top of the old one as it will self ignite and keep your smoking session going.
21. A rotating platform can be placed underneath the hookah to make it easier to maneuver when smoking with large groups. This will prevent smokers from pulling on the hose and tipping the hookah.
22. Create a secure hookah table using a low end table. Cut a hole in the table and place hookah under the table so that the stem stands through the hole. This will prevent the hookah from being tipped over.
23. Use two layers of hookah foil to better control the heat from charcoal.
24. If you do not have a coil burner to light coconut charcoal, use a quick lighting coal to light it! Burn several of the quick light coals and place the coconut coals on top until they are lit as well.
25. When lighting quick light charcoal, hold the coal with tongs not over the bowl but over the top tray until it is entirely ignited. That way you don't get the unlit black bottomed coal.
Do you have your own special hookah tips and tricks that help make your smoking experience more enjoyable? We'd love to hear your ideas so we can share them with the world.